Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More funny context changes


Ok, so if you've already watched the Count, you know how easy it is to change the entire meaning of something with just a small tweak. If you didn't watch it yet, then this post will give you the same meaning. These next few links will take you to videos. The first takes a serious CNN report and turns it into something pretty amusing. I could not find the original report (CNN no longer had it posted), but I am sure you can glean what they originally meant showing it. The next links are some fun. They are from popular movies, but with a few tweaks, a serious movie becomes funny, and two other movies are changed completely (I dont want to spoil them for you). Anyway, while you're watching, remember to think of how the entire perspective of what you are watching changed from the original creators intended meaning. Think of how easily it was done with just a couple changes. Then, think about how easy it may be for students to get improper information from sources that have changed the perspective or context just slighly, and completely changed the information.

Al Qaeda Training isn't So Scary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1yRMY7g6iE

Saving Private Ryan becomes Funny?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Sui7st2q0&feature=PlayList&p=526C657C71AFFC9B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

2 Movies Completely Different than the way you first thought of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atHWASn_ygo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkVWuP_sO0



OK, I found one more and decided it also needed to go up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

No comments:

Post a Comment